We are extremely proud to share with you the highlights of our most recent Ofsted inspection for Norton College Worcester in May 2018 where the College was described as:
‘A Good school for Overall effectiveness, and Outstanding for Personal development, Welfare and Behaviour’.
This is an immense achievement as it confirms the effectiveness of our philosophy and gives us the opportunity for continued improvement on behalf of the students.
The following are some of the very positive comments comments about Norton College Worcester, taken from the Ofsted report :
- “Leaders have a strong positive impact on the quality of provision at the school and have ensured that the Independent School Standards are met. As a result pupils make good progress”
- “A powerful ethos of welcome to all drives the success of the school. Consequently, pupils with a variety of severe difficulties make Outstanding progress in their personal development.”
- “Safeguarding is robust. Pupils feel safe at all times. This feeling of security helps pupils to settle down. Parents greatly value the school’s work in making such a difference to their children’s behaviour and confidence .”
- “A broad, varied and often inspiring curriculum motivates pupils. Staff take great care in ensuring that pupils have the opportunity to study that interest them.”
- “Teacher’s care deeply about pupils’ personal well-being and educational progress. Relationships between staff and pupils are based on mutual respect… Pupils have a vast majority of lessons with their teachers one-to-one. This way of working strongly supports the social, emotional and mental health needs of pupils…Teachers are highly skilled at managing pupils who have presented high levels of challenge to teachers in other schools. They manage behaviour well because they have close trusting relationships with their pupils…The school offers learning packages to pupils who are unable to come to school, due to their extreme anxiety.”
- ‘The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is Outstanding!..The powerful school ethos of kindness and warmth along with compassion begins with a smile, a handshake and a welcome every morning for every pupil.’
- ‘All students have made Outstanding progress in their personal development…This is because staff are highly skilled in the management of pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties…The vast majority of pupils in key stage 3 and key stage 4 have made good academic progress from their starting points in English and mathematics. Some of them have made Outstanding progress…’
The full report can be accessed by following this link to the Ofsted website: